Monday, June 06, 2005

Last month in Bilbao

This page got lost in cyberspace so here it is again...

6 May 2005
Its a beautiful spring day in Bilbao and I've just spent all morning at the Guggenheim. It is marvellous. All curvy titanium, glass and polished limestone. Like the Getty Museum in LA, its beauty overwhelms the works of art inside. The museum is the work of art. It feels great inside and outside and looks good from every viewpoint.

The giant spider called 'Maman' (mother) is perfect, crouched by the curvy titanium structure. My only disappointment is that one of the long galleries is closed off in preparation for a new exhibition opening next month and I didnt get to see Serras snake.

Elvira (the bouncy Brooklyn-born librarian from the American School of Bilbao) is about to take me to lunch at the posh restaurant in the Guggenheim. I am going to meet her in front of Puppy. What is Puppy? Puppy is a wonderful huge sculpture of a puppy made out of blooming flowers. Its by American pop artist Jeff Koons. What fun!

Tonight I fly to Barcelona where I will spend the whole week in a little apartment in the old town near the famous Las Ramblas. I have the weekend free and then school events on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday the 13th will be lucky for me cuz Ill be FREE that day. Yay!

Adios, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment